|Gallery | Quotes | Move List|
|Likes:||Logic, Wine, Chess, Fencing, Training, Tennis, Diplomacy, Philosophy, Black Egret troops, Secretly watching “Annie: Girl of the Stars,” Her sister Umbrella|
|Dislikes:||Overly emotional people, Relying on others, Those who speak ill of her family, Injustice, The Medici Mafia, The Skullgirl, Her sister’s antics|
|Voice Actor:||Erin Fitzgerald (English)|
Rie Tanaka (Japanese)
Parasoul is one of the playable characters in Skullgirls. Her homestage is the Glass Canopy as of Skullgirls Encore, where she also appears as an NPC if not chosen to be played.
Krieg is a Renoir family heirloom.
Parasoul, unlike her deceased father (who was a complete tyrant), is a firm, fair, wise, and diligent leader who vows to protect the kingdom with the Black Egrets by her side. Her childhood was centered around becoming a warrior that was worthy of her father's legacy. Underneath her serious personality is a noble leader who is thinking about what is best for her kingdom and her family. She attacks with grace, poise, and cunning to defeat her opponents and complete her missions. She prefers to take action over doing paperwork. Although she maintains a solemn demeanor, she tends to be furious whenever someone puts her loved ones in danger. For example, when Double and Valentine kidnapped Umbrella after realizing she has a unique bond with the Skullgirl, she was very determined to get her back.
When seeing the pain of others, Parasoul shows sorrow toward those who are suffering. This is evident during her quotes against Painwheel. She will notice her horrible disfigured body, saying to her "You poor girl... I never authorized this!". When she defeats Painwheel in battle, she will either apologize to her or states that "No one deserves this...", showing that Parasoul is a very caring leader and a kind ruler.
Parasoul is a portmanteau of "parasol" and "soul".
Krieg is German for "war", and follows the theme of the Renoir royal family's Living Weapon umbrellas being named after the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
The pistol Parasoul uses is a Luger P08, a German 9mm semi-automatic pistol used during both World Wars, and a replacement for the earlier Mauser C96.
In earlier incarnations, she had an affinity with the Black Tree, a possibly discarded concept from lore drafts. Its power would manifest through her right eye, the side which is hidden by her bangs.
The symbol that Parasoul wears on her necklace and has engraved into the side of her pistol is the Cross of St. Peter, also known as the Petrine Cross or simply as an Inverted Cross, which is a symbol of the Trinity. The necklace is identical to the one her mother wore.
Few know the terrors of the Skullgirl as intimately as Parasoul does: seven years ago her own mother became the Skullgirl that nearly destroyed the world. This tragic past has made her fiercely protective of both her country and her family, and these two priorities frequently come into conflict.
Parasoul is now the crown princess of the Canopy Kingdom and leader of its elite military squad, the Black Egrets. Wielding the living umbrella, Krieg, she fights with grace, poise, and cunning to defend her family honor and destroy the Skull Heart so no one can repeat her mother’s terrible mistake.
After defeating the Skullgirl, to save Umbrella who got too close to the Skull Heart and would die in its explosion if Parasoul were to destroy it, Parasoul wishes that her sister will never become the Skullgirl. Thus, causing Parasoul to become the next Skullgirl. In preparation for this eventuality, she orders the soldiers that she will personally train her sister Umbrella, in order for her to be able to combat what Parasoul is destined to become. They were last seen in a fencing lesson.
Abilities & Fighting StyleEdit
Parasoul is a strategic charge fighter on the battlefield as her moves have range and can keep her opponents at bay. Her living weapon Krieg is capable of shedding Napalm Tears that can be placed around the stage when Parasoul shoots it with her luger or twirls it around. She also has the option to detonate one or all of them. She can float in the air with Krieg and any tear that explodes while she still floats propels her upward. Also, her soldiers are more than eager to help her gain the upper hand by defending her from projectiles, drag her opponents away, or even momentarily distract her for her cancel, among other things. She also attacks with kicks.
- "Sheltered" - Default colors
- Original colors
- Mireille Bouquet (Noir)
- "No Egrets" - Original colors
- "Princess Pride" - Original colors
- Original colors
- Parasoul's fencing uniform
- "Heavy Reign" - Black Egrets uniform
- Kneesocks (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
- Original colors
- Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
- "Regally Blond" - Olivier Mira Armstrong (FullMetal Alchemist)
- Original colors
- Kula Diamond (The King of Fighters series)
- "Shadow Ops" - Alruna (Gaia Online)
- Luka Megurine (Vocaloid)
- "Risky Ginger" - Jessica Rabbit (Who Framed Roger Rabbit)
- "Primed" - Samus Aran (Justin Bailey cheat code) (Metroid)
- "Ivy League" - Poison Ivy (DC Comics Batman #181) - Indiegogo backer color
- "Summer Salt" - Umbrella - Indiegogo backer color
- Char Aznable (Mobile Suit Gundam) - Indiegogo backer color
- Jean Grey (Marvel Comics X-Men 90's appearance) - Indiegogo backer color
- Kyoko Minazuki (Rival Schools: United by Fate)
- Captain Commando (Captain Commando)
- "Star-Crossed" - Annie
- Parasoul's napalm attacks are named after a thickening agent often mixed with petroleum or similar fuels to make incendiary bombs, like ones used during the Cold war and Iraqi war.
- The design of Parasoul's 4th and 11th alternate color palettes were changed in a patch implemented on May 13th 2014, changing the coloration of the red crosses on her necklace to appear silver and white respectively. This change was announced on May 2 2014 after the Skullgirls Encore publisher Marvelous AQL couldn't guarantee legal action against a potential copyright claim regarding similarity to the Red Cross' emblem, which involves any red cross against a white background.
- It isn't clear why Parasoul is referred to as the crown princess when she appears to be the current ruler, and therefore a queen. It may have something to do with her father's unknown status.
- In an unused alternate ending, Parasoul decides to shoot the heart and Umbrella gets caught in the explosion. Parasoul sadly apologizes to her sister, saying it was the only way to save the kingdom, and Umbrella assures her that she "always does the right thing" before presumably dying.
- Parasoul's appearance and demeanor have been compared to Mitsuru Kirijo from Persona 3. To that effect, she has a palette based on Mitsuru and also shares her Japanese voice actress, Rie Tanaka.