|Gallery | Quotes | Move List|
|Girl Of The Stars|
|Age:||Unknown/Immortal (Physically 15)|
|Likes:||Fight choreography, Passionate monologues, Nature hikes, The Higgs boson, Star fruit, Cheese, Meteor showers, Adoring fans, Quantum superposition, Practical outfits, The Special Tactics and Rescue Service, Old-timey music, Fashion, Photos|
|Dislikes:||Tomatoes, Plagiarism, Bad craft services, Sleazy agents, Renaissance fairs, The Fermi Paradox, Random musical numbers, Brown M&M's, Flat-Earthers|
|Voiced by:||Erica Mendez (English)|
Annie (JP: アニー also called Annie of the Stars) and her adventures have made for popular figures in nationwide folktales, and a children's television adaptation of Annie and Sagan's adventures was inevitable. The show's success lies in its pair of live action hosts, who are as convincing as their cartoon counterparts. But if the public learned about the real Annie, it might surprise them...
Annie is a playable character in Skullgirls 2nd Encore. She was the sixth possible DLC character to be revealed in the Indiegogo campaign, at $120,000. While she failed to win the character voting (losing out to Eliza and Beowulf), she was announced for Skullgirls Mobile several years later on August 14th, 2020 and Skullgirls 2nd Encore on January 31st, 2021 after having been teased in February 10th, 2020. She is scheduled to get an early access release on Steam for March 2021, and be fully released on Steam and PlayStation for May 2021. Her home stage is Sound Stage 15.
Both Annie and her Parasite originally appeared in Alex Ahad's designs for a shirt for University of California, Los Angeles's Japanese Animation Club. Sagan was originally named "Stan", although this was changed due to similarities to Sam & Max.
Her mother's wish not only made her forever young, but made her incapable of swearing.
Her mother was a previous Skullgirl who wished Annie to be a child forever. Annie now stars in the Anti-Skullgirls children's show and is much older than she appears. She hides her obvious immortality by changing her hairstyle, so nobody seems to notice and simply regard her as being an actress. Her show, Annie of the Stars, is based on the life of Annie herself many generations ago.
Her name is likely a pun on anime ("annie"-me). It is a name of English origin meaning "grace."
Annie is meant to be an archetypical magical girl and seems to mainly take inspiration from Sailor Moon having a cosmic themed look and abilities. She has sea green hair in braids, a darker sea green dress with matching shoes and stars on her eyepatch, clothes and the soles of her shoes. She has a reddish magenta bag around her waist. Her eyes are yellow and one of them is placed in the mouth of Sagan who resembles a rabbit doll with sharp teeth. Annie often drags or carries Sagan like a doll when he is not moving on his own. She carries a sword where a part near the handle is the same color as her bag and has a star on it.
In her super form, seen in Robo-Fortune's ending and concept art for her moves (where it is called "temporary season 2 power'd up mode!"), Annie is seen fused in some way with Sagan. Her hair is loose and she wears a yellow glowing crown with three stars floating around it. Both of her eyes are now in her head. The star on her outfit is now glowing and what seems to be Sagan's arms are wrapped around her neck while his ears are spread out like wings aiming above her shoulders. She gains a sparkly dress, dark or colored stockings with stars on them and different types of shoes. She gains an hourglass body similar to one of the trinity goddesses Aeon. Within the concept art she gains what looks like Saturn-like rings around her body but in Robo-Fortune's ending it might be cosmic sparkling energy in the form of a vortex.
Beowulf's story mode reveals that he and Annie have had a mutual friendship during their acting career, where he guest stars as "Big Bad Wolf" in her show. During Skullgirl incidents, Annie tries to warn him about a suspicious event that he has participated in, and not to approach the Skullgirl, to no avail. Beowulf, confused by Annie's youthful appearance despite it having been years since they had worked together, assumes that Annie is a different actress than the one he knew. She later reappears and rescues him and most of Double's captured victims in the Gehenna, a few of which were the opponents that he had previously encountered. Without any other options, Annie allows him to face Marie while Annie takes care of Double. After Marie and Double are defeated, he realizes the truth of his fixed match with Grendel and of Annie's identity as the same one he used to work with. Annie then decides to cancel her current TV show and start a new one; a new crime-fighting dynamic duo TV show co-starring Beowulf, now as a protagonist.
Abilities & Fighting Style
Annie is a seasoned fighter who has been around for a long time, acquiring many skills and powers along the way. Her sword is forged from a meteorite and can channel the power of the stars in its sweeping cleaves. Her right eye bonds her to her Remote Parasite and partner, Sagan, who grants her powers of a galactic motif. While some of her abilities carry more of a sparkly magical girl motif, Annie tries to execute them with the same sternness.
- Mito (The Rumble Fish 2)
- Nayuki (Eternal Fighter Zero)
- Kidd Thunder (Mortal Kombat)
- Platinum the Trinity (BlazBlue series)
- Nebula (Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys)
- Wallachia (Melty Blood series)
- Utsuho (Touhou series)
- Pretty Cure series
- Nanoha series
- Guts (Berserk)
- Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear series)
- "Star Child" - Default Colors
- Original Colors
- Original Colors
- Original Colors
- Original Colors
- Original Colors
- Black-and-White Filter
- “Solar Flair” - Sol Badguy / Ky Kiske (Guilty Gear series)
- "Galactic Glamour" - Gamora Zen-Whoberi Ben Titan / Groot (Guardians of the Galaxy)
- "Ninja Star" - Shinobu (No More Heroes)
- "Triple Threat" - Platinum the Trinity (BlazBlue series)
- "Timeless Hero" - Link / Navi (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
- "Ageless Wonder" - Wonder Woman (DC Comics)
- "Materia Girl" - Cloud Strife / Moogle (Final Fantasy VII)
- "Moonstruck" - Usagi Tsukino / Luna (Sailor Moon)
- "Model Leader" - Nessa / Milotic (Pokemon Sword and Shield)
- "Fire Branded" - Byleth (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
- "Star Shine" - Star Butterfly / Pony Head (Star vs. the Forces of Evil)
- Ahsoka Tano (Star Wars)
- Dante / Vergil (Devil May Cry series)
- Sayaka Miki / Madoka Kaname (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
- Adora / Swift Wind (She-Ra and the Princesses of Power)
- Wednesday Addams (The Addams Family)
- Cream the Rabbit / Chao (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Meta Knight / Kirby (Kirby)
- Erza Scarlet / Happy (Fairy Tail)
- GLaDOS / Potato (Portal series)
- Zagreus / Thanatos (Hades)
- Lio Fotia / Galo Thymos (Promare)
- Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo series)
- The games staff have likened The Annie of the Stars show to The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!, with live action segments with cartoons and PSAs and commercials in-between.
- Annie was originally announced as a guest character in Indivisible during Lab Zero's Indiegogo campaign for the game, and is the only guest character from another of Lab Zero's games. This was meant to be prior to her playable appearance in her home series. However, her guest appearance, as well as all future planned DLC was cancelled by Indivisible's publisher, 505 Games, after the then-recent controversies surrounding Mike Z at the time.
- Annie's eye being bonded to her Parasite is similar to Norse myth's Odin, who sacrificed an eye (and hung from a tree for nine days) in exchange for great knowledge.
- In Annie's list of dislikes, it is stated that she doesn't like "Brown M&M's". This is a reference to Van Halen demanding their promoters to bring them M&M's without any brown ones included to make sure they read the entire contract given to them. If any brown M&M's were found, Van Halen would cancel the concert and the promoter would lose millions of dollars from it.
- Due to legal concerns, Annie's "Heat Synced" palette referencing Annie & Tibbers from League of Legends has been removed from Skullgirls Mobile in the 4.5 patch, and replaced with a palette referencing Byleth, the protagonist of Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
- Her second color palette resembles Kumatora from Mother3/The EarthBound series.
- Some people compare Annie to Star Butterfly and while the existence and concepts of both characters seem to go back around the same time, Skullgirls as a published series came a few years before Star vs. The Forces of Evil so the similarities were highly coincidental.
- INTRODUCING: ANNIE OF THE STARS!
- Skullgirls Mobile on Twitter
- o_8, Livejournal